This is the passion of Village Missions, and our family has developed that same passion. We long to see the church in rural North America be a vibrant testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to see individuals, families, and communities be radically transformed by the gospel, informed by the all sufficient word of God. Here is another way to look at the situation in rural North America (very generously lifted from Village Missions material)
- There are as many as 200,000 churches in the US that are in rural settings or are made up of rural people.
- North America is the only continent where Christianity is not growing.
- It is estimated that 5-7 existing churches close their doors every day
- Only 1/3 of residents in the US and Canada will attend church on a regular basis, and church attendance has dropped by 10% in the last decade.
- There are vast multitudes of people in North America who will live and die without ever hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Problem #1 – The church cannot afford to support a full-time pastor. Village Missions provides financial support.
- Problem # 2 – The church is unable to find a pastor for their rural community. Village Missions finds and places pastors.
- Problem # 3 – The church cannot provide spiritual guidance and support needed to keep a pastor long term. Village Missions provides regional leadership to help pastors and the local church achieve long-term ministry.