I’m Carl, and while you are here, I’ll be available to serve you. I’m the blessed husband of a tremendous woman, for 12 years. We have 4 children (9, 7, 4, and 2). We serve with Village Missions at North River Community Church in a little place called Vesta, but included as a part of Cosmopolis, WA. It is my privilege and honor to serve this wonderful body of believers and the North River valley as their pastor. If you are interested in reading about how we got started with Village Missions, go here and here.
I am a graduate of the University of North Florida, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (MA, Biblical Counseling) and have recently embarked on a PhD in Biblical Counseling at Whitefield Theological Seminary.
Apparently the requisite information for an about page is to declare what you like. So, here we go:
- Spending time with my beautiful bride.
- Spending time with my children.
- Spending time with my beautiful bride and my children.
- Thinking about, speaking about, reflecting on, pointing people to God’s completely sufficient Word as revealed in the Scriptures.
- Reading, and especially reading things written by men a long, long time ago, and in particular, non-fiction works. I will say though that our home does speak Narnian, and my boys are learning the ways of the Shire.
- Keeping some attention on sports, generally (and guardedly) reserved for soccer, with some football thrown in to satisfy my Southern genes.
- Though not particularly skillfully, I have enjoyed running on occasion. I have two marathons under my belt so far, and by making that statement, you can rightly deduce that I would like to complete several more. Your words of encouragement or derision would both be sufficiently motivating for me.
- Nutrition/health/wellness is a big topic in our family, so I can easily be distracted by conversations, books, articles on those issues. If the food is local and organic, we’re probably into it. If it requires something to be fermented (kombucha, kefir, etc) we’re probably into it. If it is a home remedy, we’re probably into it.